cat that is a no
how do cats even work
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- The little tufts of hair in a cat’s ear that help keep out dirt direct sounds into the ear, and insulate the ears are called “ear furnishings.”
- The ability of a cat to find its way home is called “psi-traveling.” Experts think cats either use the angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses.
- One reason that kittens sleep so much is because a growth hormone is released only during sleep.
- A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human has 206. A cat has no collarbone, so it can fit through any opening the size of its head.
- A cat’s nose pad is ridged with a unique pattern, just like the fingerprint of a human.
- If they have ample water, cats can tolerate temperatures up to 133 °F.
- A cat’s heart beats nearly twice as fast as a human heart, at 110 to 140 beats a minute.
- Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do. Instead, they sweat only through their paws.
- The claws on the cat’s back paws aren’t as sharp as the claws on the front paws because the claws in the back don’t retract and, consequently, become worn.
- Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- Researchers are unsure exactly how a cat purrs. Most veterinarians believe that a cat purrs by vibrating vocal folds deep in the throat. To do this, a muscle in the larynx opens and closes the air passage about 25 times per second.
- A cat almost never meows at another cat, mostly just humans. Cats typically will spit, purr, and hiss at other cats.
- A cat’s back is extremely flexible because it has up to 53 loosely fitting vertebrae. Humans only have 34.
- Some cats have survived falls of over 65 feet (20 meters), due largely to their “righting reflex.” The eyes and balance organs in the inner ear tell it where it is in space so the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail have this ability.
- A cat can travel at a top speed of approximately 31 mph (49 km) over a short distance.
- A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s. And a cat can hear high-frequency sounds up to two octaves higher than a human.
- A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.
And that’s how cat’s work.
I’m soooooooooo sorry I’ve been inactive! D:
I’ve had the worst block ever, but I figured out that I’ve just gotta push through. With that I bring you my latest piece fresh out the oven.
I had this idea a while back about how cool it would be if there were a black Snow White. In the original fairy tale, her beauty is attributed to the strong contrast in her white skin against her black hair and eyes, so I thought hmm… What if it was her snowy hair and eyes that contrasted against her dark skin? I referenced a few things for this painting, I’m happy with the turnout, hope you guys are too.
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ COFFEE SHOP AU
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ MAGIC AU
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ BOOKSHOP AU
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ PIRATE AU
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ VAMPIRE AU
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ SPACE AU
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ COLLEGE AU
Oh god I know most of these but just reading them again, PLUS ALL THE ONES I HADN’T HEARD ABOUT (because I don’t know anything about old movies…) makes my skin crawl. UGHHHHHHHH.
IF YOU ARE A GIRL AND READ COMICS REBLOG THIS!!!!!
I’m trying to make a point to my friend who is also my artist on this comic I’m writing. He doesn’t believe girls really read comics. I’m going to prove him wrong! So help me and reblog this across tumblr!
This saved me.
I can’t help but think that someone really needs this right now.
We all need some saving.. by any means.
For some reason, I had this gut feeling that I should reblog this.
If any of my followers, or anyone that sees this posts need anything, please come to me before you do something you’ll regret. I promise you the pain will pass.
I want to feel stronger than that.